Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Books to be Read!

I know, I know. I haven't updated in forever.
I've been a bit busy, and I hope you will all understand!
However, I did just pick up a few books at the library, so I'm hoping to get a couple reviews out, soon!

For now, I've complied a list of books I'm just dying to read!

1.) The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
- I've wanted to read this book since forever, but I could never find it anywhere! I thought it was weird since it seemed like a pretty popular book.
I read the reviews and summaries on Barnes and Noble, and it seems so interesting and unique.
Just a cute book in general!
Plus, I heard it was going to be a movie soon? Logan Lerman, who starred in Percy Jackson, is suppose to play Charlie. I also heard Emma Watson was going to be in it! So I'm just dying to read it.

2.) Wintergirls
- Laurie Halse Anderson is an amazing author, and I've enjoyed all the books I've read by her. I'm especially intrigued by this one! My mother has it on CD, but I prefer actually reading the book, so I'll just wait until I can find it. :)

3.) Along For The Ride
- I've read almost all of Sarah Dessen's books, and I've even mentioned before how she is one of my favorite authors. So I'm itching to get my hands on this book! I still need to read Lock and Key, as well!

4.) Will Grayson Will Grayson
- John Green. Is that enough?
I'm DYING to read this. His books never fail me, and I don't expect this one too, either.
I haven't previously read anything by David Levithan, however, so I want to see what he adds on to the writing.

5.) Anything about Marilyn Monroe, old Hollywood Glamour, 50's, or pinup!
-I'm obsessed. I've found myself absorbed in the world of Rockabilly and vintage fashion. So I'm looking for some good books that are based around these topics. If you know of anything, please let me know the title and author!

Read any of these yet, lovelies? Let me know! And give me some other suggestions you have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Along For The Ride and I wasn't impressed

On point 5) I recommend Hester Browne (The Little Lady Agency) it's a series really (3 books) and when it comes to vintage "pinup" fashion Honey might teach you something

Anonymous said...

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/how-to-motivate-the-male-morale-the-persuasive-power-of-the-pinup/

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger