Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning


I recently just picked up this book to reread it. I liked it before when I first got about 2 years ago, but it sparked my interest again, and I got through it in about 3 hours.

Molly Montgomery is just an average high schooler who fails to get noticed. Mainly she stocks shelves at a convenient store and listens to her hippy parents go on about the evils of McDonalds. But her life is changed in a not so average way when she starts a band called The Hormones with her friends Jane and Tara. They hadn't gotten far when bad boy Dean and his silent dread-locked hair friend T comes into the band. Along with the boys comes a fancy manager, world wide fame, drugs, alcohol, and decisions Molly has to struggle with on a daily basis.

I love the Rock N Roll theme of this book, and it's funny and heartbreaking at the same time. Molly is a character who struggles with things much larger things than the average teenage, but still manages to be relate able. The witty humor in the book keeps the story light, and the romance aspect is typical good girl goes for bad boy.

All in all, this books wins a 6/10 from me, and I recommend it for someone looking for an easy, fast paced read.

1 comment:

Alison Can Read said...

This sounds like a cute book...something enjoyable if not overly memorable.

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger